USCG Captain George Brooks
Your Captain. For you, about you.
200 GRT, STCW, tow and sail endorsement
• Credentials: Master 200 GRT, STCW, tow and sail certified US Coast Guard licensed Captain. Highly experienced operating safe and efficient vessels in full USCG compliance. Competent and experienced in all positions necessary for Miami-based bareboat charters including Captain, Mate and Engineer.
• Extensive vessel experience across the southeast USA: Outer Banks, NC including Diamond Shoals, Oregon Inlet, Hatteras, Ocracoke, Pamlico and Currituck Sounds, NC. Biscayne Bay, Ft. Lauderdale, Keys, Gulf of Mexico, FL Caribbean Sea. Also experienced with the Ottawa River and Lake Ontario, Canada.
• Current Position: Captain / Mate / Engineer
• Captain in charge of overall yacht management for hour, day, and term charters. Oversee maintenance, scheduling, and daily operations. Interact well with guests and provide signature service that surpasses expectations. Hire and train crew; define and manage their duties and responsibilities. Interact with clientele on a one-on-one basis to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Maintain full US Coast Guard compliance in a very competitive market on all vessels. Maintain excellent safety and service, surpassing guest expectations. Continually review USCG regulations and immediately adopt changes to maintain compliance. Support a web page to ensure USCG compliance in crew selection, YB MIA .
Specific Yacht Experience; Current to Past
• Captain/Relief Captain 76 Azimuth “Wicked”, North Miami, FL. Hour, day, and term charters. Oversee maintenance, scheduling, and daily operations. Engine checks.
• Captain 56 Viking “FORBY” Miami Fl. Hour and day charters; scheduling, maintenance, route planning engine cheeks. Ensure guest, crew, and vessel safety.
• Captain/Relief Captain 86 Lazzara “Finally”, Aventura, FL. Overall yacht management for hour, day, and term charters. Oversee maintenance, scheduling daily operations. Ensure client, crew, and vessel safety. Hire and train crew.
• Relief Captain/Mate 85 Ocean Alexander “Ocean rose”, Aventura, FL. Private and term charters; responsible for all aspects of operations. Skilled in maintenance, engine checks, inventory controls, logbooks, watch, and scheduling. Manage route planning, and preparations. Ensure client, crew, and vessel safety.
•Captain/Mate/Engineer, 60 Meridian Sea Ray “Crumpet”, Miami Beach, FL. Private bare boat charters; responsible for all aspects of operations. Skilled in maintenance, engine checks, inventory controls, logbooks, watch, and scheduling. Manage route planning, preparations. Ensure client, crew, and vessel safety.
• Captain, Mate, Engineer on Bareboat charters and various sea trials in Miami/Fort Lauderdale area. Extensive engineering and differential diagnostic.
• Fishing Mate (commercial)
• Sight seeing trips; dolphin and whale watching. (head boats)
• Helped developed the sport of kitesurfing; designed school curriculum and worked to maintain public beaches access. Outlined safety procedures and protocols for kitesurfing in public places.
• 20 years teaching and managing kitesurfing, handling, gear, and term kite surfing yacht expeditions. Founding and developing kitesurfing schools including drafting text for city code compliance. Worked with 12Kite, Hatteras Kitesurfing, and Miami Kitesurfing and kitesurfing adventure retreats in the Florida Keys and Caribbean, including private boat expeditions.
• Experimental watercraft development including kitesurfing, hydrofoil catamarans and surfboards.
• Worked with a consulting group to the USCG to analyze and identify potential mariner risks, complications and dangers associated with newly developed and experimental water sports.